Thursday, February 9, 2012

2012 Goal Update: February

I was reading over my goal list for 2012 and realized that I have made a fair amount of progress, or have reached them.

  • Graduate with a 3.1 GPA: I do not graduate until May 19, but I have reached a 3.1 GPA without this semesters grades. :) So I will consider this goal a big huge SUCCESS! 
  •  Have a more stable relationship with Scarlett's father: This goal is definitely in the making. He and I had our first talk in a long while without fighting. He really wants to me a more predominant figure in Scarlett's life, which I agree with as long as he is going to be there for her. I am pleased to say he has been seeing Scarlett on a weekly basis since September. This goal is a SUCCESS!
  • Join a group fitness class (or two) at Fresno State Gym: I have joined a Zumba class that meets Tuesdays/Thursdays, and also BodyFlow (when I remember) on Saturdays. I am considering doing the rotation fitness class on Sundays as well when I have time. I was doing classes everyday, but I miss my Scarlett too much. So this goal is a SUCCESS!
  • Lose 45 lbs (this would put me around 160-165): I have decided to make a conscious effort to eat healthier, and working out more regularly. I started out with a new scale last week, and when I do a weigh in next week I'll see if I've made any progress here. I do know that I have lost a few inches because my bra fastener had to move tighter. :) So it's a work in progress. :)
  • Attend the Fresno State Gym atleast 3 times a week: This is a moderate success. I attend Tuesdays/Thursdays (when time allows) and Saturdays, contemplating adding Sunday as well. So SUCCESS!
  • Take a walk everyday: I walk everyday on campus? It's been far to cold to actually go on walks. But as the weather warms up I plan on kicking this goal into high gear.
  • Obtain full time work as a daycare teacher: I am working as a student assistant this semester for the Campus Children's Center at Fresno State. I work 20 hours a week directly with infants. I do pretty much everything. Definitely a step in the right direction. :)
  • Move out by beginning of 2013: This one is kind of determined by the previous one. Still on my list though
  • Obtain Administrative Credential for ECE Site Supervisor permit: I have not even started on this one. I am having a hard time locating where to even take the classes needed or what classes are needed for this permit. But I still have plenty of time. :)
I have a few more goals I'd like to add to the list, amendments if you will:

  • Communicate more effectively with my partner: Mikel is so empathetic and in tune with his emotions, and here he is dating Ms. nondescript bottle it all up till it explodes girl. SO... I am making a conscious effort to not let things bottle up by addressing the issue that upsets/frustrates/excites etc. in a timely manner (within a day or so) rather than letting it fester.
  • Pick up the Tarot Deck: I have had a really hard time getting back into this since the death of a really close friend. He was the last one I did a reading for. So slowly I am going to ease myself back into this work, because I really enjoyed it, and I really enjoy learning. 
  • Play more with Scarlett: She's getting so big, and learning so much, I want to afford her the opportunities and experiences to help her understand more about the environment she lives in, and is interacting with.
If I think of more I will add them, right now I have to head over to work. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment