Thursday, August 11, 2011

Determination.

I have come to find the validity and helpfulness of online forums/support groups for like minded individuals. One of my favorites is theshapeofamother.com. It is an online board where women post their stories about body image issues/triumphs and losses due to the trials and tribulations of pregnancy. Women post here of all ages, ethnic backgrounds, birth stories, and weight and it is absolutely inspiring to read some of their stories, and great to read that when I am feeling down about my body, that there are many other women who struggle with the same issues.

I read a post today by a fantastic woman, who has run two marathons within 2 weeks of each other, by sheer determination. Her post was incredibly inspiring, and uplifting... I just wish more women felt that way about their bodies, and what their bodies are able to accomplish. I've had questions about my 8 miles a day bike riding jaunt 5/week. I've been asked simply put, "Are you sure?" I feel like I have never been so sure of anything in my life save when I heard those words, "You're pregnant".

I know I shouldn't feel bad about my body, my body has accomplished one of the hardest tasks that a human body endures bringing life into this world,  but there are those days. Today was one of them until I read this wonderful Marathon Maniac womans story.

I may not run, but I will become healthier, I will be stronger, and well smarter too, considering it's my last year at Fresno State. I don't know what the future holds, but I do know what I want to work towards. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment